Cheers to friends Ben and Jerry and The Tonight Show!
Happy National Chocolate Ice Cream
Chocolate is the second most common flavor of ice cream in the United States.
Perfect time to enjoy a scoop…or two.
Did you know…
- An average dairy cow can produce enough milk in her lifetime to make a little over 9,000 gallons of ice cream.
- The udder of a cow can hold between 25-50 lbs. of milk.
- In the U.S., all ice cream needs to have a minimum of 10% milkfat if it is to be labeled “ice cream”. This includes custard based (French Style) ice creams.
- Sorbet, has no milk at all!
- In Sherbet, milkfat is between 1 – 2%.
Today’s Food History
- 1867 At the Cafe Anglais Chef Adolphe Duglere served the now famous ‘Dinner of the Three Emperors,’ for Tsar Alexander II of Russia, his son (later to become tsar Alexander III) and King William I of Prussia. The table service…
View original post 81 more words